TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read carefully as these terms and conditions form part of your agreement with the Sydney Montessori Training Centre (SMTC) when you enrol in a course.
The Course Fee is defined as the Tuition Fee. The current course fees are published on the SMTC website. The Tuition Fee is due two weeks prior to the start of the course. Where the employer is paying for the student course fees, a letter of agreement will be required from your employer confirming this arrangement.
Upon confirmation of enrolment, SMTC will provide the following services according to the terms and conditions of enrolment:
- provide receipts for payments received;
- confirm the course enrolment;
- confirm the course commencement date;
- provide access to the course materials and content;
- provide the course as described in the marketing information;
- assist with finding appropriate work placement as required for the course;
- provide trainer and administration support to participants throughout the course;
- mark and provide feedback and results on the submitted course assignments;
- support participants to achieve their goal of completion of the qualification with reasonable adjustments;
- provide support for participants with specific and special needs identified by the parties within the capacity of SMTC;
- award the applicable AMI Certificate upon satisfactory completion of course requirements;
- provide a letter of attendance when those requirements have not been met;
- provide a fair and reasonable complaints and assessment appeal process.
Upon signing the course enrolment and payment of the enrolment fee, the student acknowledges their understanding of the agreement entered into with SMTC and agrees that:
- details provided on enrolment are correct and the student warrants he/she is aware of and meets the entry requirements and has discussed special needs with SMTC;
- course enrolment is complete when the enrolment fee is paid;
- the terms and conditions of enrolment are accepted including fees and refund policy;
- SMTC will provide the date for course commencement and this date will be known as the agreed course commencement date;
- course duration is effective from the agreed course commencement date;
- students are responsible for their own attendance on the course, attendance at observation and practice teaching placements, progress of submission of all course assignments;
- students will communicate with the trainer and administration if there are issues or barriers to the completion of the course where SMTC may be able to help to support the student;
- SMTC provides opportunities for feedback on its services and a complaints and assessment appeal process.
Cancellations and Refunds
In the event that a student withdraws or cancels their enrolment in a course, notification must be in writing or email. Please refer to the Fees Policy on the website for full details.
Your personal information (including the personal information on this enrolment form and your training activity data) may be used or disclosed in the Sydney Montessori Training Centre for statistical, regulatory and research purposes. Please refer to the Sydney Montessori Training Centre website for our full Privacy Notice.