AMI Montessori Introduction to Adolescents
The Association Montessori Internationale Introduction to Adolescents is a 5-week part-time online course designed to provide administrators, educators, parents and community members a broad, general understanding of foundational Montessori theory and methodology for working with adolescents ages 12–18 years. This course will discuss why it’s important to continue Montessori into the third plane and how things shift for the third from previous planes.
Sample of Topics:
- What Kind of Environment Supports Adolescent Development?
- The Nature of Work for the Adolescent
- Levels of Independence in the Third Plane: Social and Economic Independence
- The Roles of Adults in the Environment for Adolescents
- The Importance of Self-Expression
- The Three-Stage Learning Cycle
AMI Montessori Certificate of Completion
Qualification Authorising Body
- This course concluded on 2 April 2022. Subscribe to our newsletter and follow us on Facebook or Instagram to see the latest updates on our courses.
Recommended reading for the course is provided below, no reporting or response required.
- Appendix A in From Childhood to Adolescence
- Appendix B in From Childhood to Adolescence
- “Dr. Montessori’s Third Lecture given at the Montessori Congress in Oxford, England”