Why become a Montessori teacher?
- Glossary of Montessori Terms
- Biography of Dr Maria Montessori
- A Montessori morning
- Why choose Montessori education for your child?
The principles and practices of a Montessori classroom are what great educators already desire to provide for their students—an environment that serves the particular needs of each child’s stage of development and allows freedom for children to discover their own path to becoming capable individuals.
Join a global network of professionals who believe in creating the right environment for children to develop emotionally, socially, behaviourally, and academically. When you use the Montessori educational approach, you will guide children to actively engage in their own unique development, discover the joys of learning and become well-rounded, capable individuals who are connected to themselves and others.
“The teacher must give her lesson, plant the seed and then disappear; observing and waiting.”
Maria Montessori, The Call of Education, Vol. 11, no. IV, December 1925
An Association Montessori Internationale (AMI) certified teacher…
- Understands child development and acts as a guide to help children find their own natural path
- Creates a hands-on, self-paced, collaborative, and joyful classroom
- Transforms lives by implementing the principles of Montessori education
- Believes in education that meets the child’s physical, emotional, and intellectual development
- Guides children to enthusiastically follow their interests and passions while developing strong academic skills, leadership, self-discipline, responsibility, and independence
- Trains rigorously and graduates with a set of high-quality skills that are recognised and sought-after across the globe
- Connects to a global network across numerous countries with hundreds of trainers and other teachers to continuously develop their craft
When you choose an AMI certification you’ll earn a diploma that is recognised globally for its excellence, rigour, and authenticity and issued by the worldwide leader in Montessori education. Your AMI diploma also opens the door to a variety of career opportunities inside and outside of the classroom such as a consultant, administrator, head of school, or teacher trainer.
Course participants may pursue training sponsorship opportunities advertised on this site.
Job opportunities around the world can be found on the following link
AMI Digital provides a large range of digital Montessori materials including charts, classified cards and publications. The materials can be purchased and downloaded ready to print.
You want to do the best for your child but no one ever trained you to be a parent. Sometimes the information you find in books, magazines, parent groups and websites is conflicting and overwhelming. It is difficult to know which route to take to help your child. Aid to Life offers clear, simple, straightforward advice that is easy to understand and most importantly easy to apply.