Course Fees (Courses commencing in 2023)
|full fee in AUD (ANY GST ADDITIONAL)
|LOWEST FEE LEVEL AFTER DISCOUNTS (ANY GST ADDITONAL)*
|AMI Montessori Schools Administrator’s Course
|AMI Montessori Orientation Course
|AMI Montessori 0-3 Diploma or
AMI Montessori 3-6 Diploma
|AMI Montessori 6-12 Diploma
(includes integrated AMI 3-6 Foundation course)
|AMI Montessori Diploma 12-18 Diploma
Bursaries and scholarship awards may result in further discounts off the course fees stated here.
* The three types of standard fee discounts are explained below.
If GST applies, it is additional to the course fees stated here. See below.
Fee Discounts Explained – AMI Diplomas
Did you know that SMTC offers 3 types of fee discounts off its AMI Diploma fees?
These discounts can substantially reduce the course fees payable.
|TYPE OF DISCOUNT
|$2,200 plus GST
|Submit an application and pay $550 deposit approximately 4 months prior to the course start date.
|$1,300 plus GST
|A student who undertakes an AMI Orientation Certificate and then proceeds to a next commencing AMI Diploma in the same age-level (the discount will be $1,400 for Orientations commencing after 1 October 2023).
|2.5% of course fees due
|A discount of 2.5% off the amount of course fees due where the entire course fee is paid at least 1 month prior to course commencement.
All 3 discounts can apply if the requirements for each are satisfied.
When applying for an AMI Diploma course a non-refundable $500 plus GST first instalment is payable upon application. This reduces the remaining course fees due. This amount is fully refundable in the event the student does not secure a place on the course or the course does not proceed.
Approach to payment
The remainder of the course fees (after the initial payment of $500 plus GST) may be paid upfront or by instalment at the student’s election.
Upfront fees option
Where paying upfront, fees are due 4 weeks prior to commencement of the course and a discount of 2.5% is applied (as outlined in the discounts section above).
AMI Orientation and Administrator Courses
For AMI Orientation and Administrator Courses, we will consider custom plans in special circumstances to suit the situation by application to [email protected].
AMI Diploma Courses
AMI Diploma fees may be paid upfront or by instalment.
We offer a standard instalment plan with 11 instalment payments, being your deposit of $500 plus GST on application plus a further 10 equal monthly instalments.
In special circumstances, we also consider custom instalment plans to suit your needs by application to [email protected].
Our standard instalment plan:
|$500 plus GST
|10 monthly instalments due on the 1st of each month for 10 consecutive months, commencing in the month prior to the course start date.
|10 instalments of the remaining course fees payable
Where an AMI Diploma course commences in September, the first instalment would be due on 1 August and monthly thereafter for a further 9 months.
* All fees must be paid in full to sit course examinations
Other terms and conditions
It is an AMI requirement that all AMI Diploma students hold current membership with them for the duration of their course. AMI membership costs 40 Euro for a 12 month period. AMI requires that SMTC collect membership fees on their behalf. The AMI membership fees are in addition to the course fees and will be invoiced with your course fees unless you provide evidence of existing AMI Membership for the duration of the AMI Diploma.
GST is not payable when a student is undertaking a course/workshop that is offered completely online and, at the time of the course, is not in Australia and is not a resident of Australia. In all other situations, GST is payable on all courses/workshops.
International bank fees
If paying your invoice via international bank transfer an amount of $20 AUD will be automatically added to your invoice to cover the international bank transfer fees charged by our bank.
Our fees, cancellation and refund policy
All fees are subject to our Fees, Cancellation and Refund policy, available here:
AMI Diploma fees – Orientation Discount
Each student who completes an AMI Orientation Certificate receives a tuition fee credit of ($1300 + GST) toward tuition fees for the next AMI Diploma in the same age-level ($1,400 for Orientation courses commencing after 1 October 2023).
Terms and Conditions
The credit is subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Orientation Certificate and AMI Diploma must both be administered by SMTC;
- Orientation Certificate and AMI Diploma must be the same age grouping (0-3, 3-6 or 6-12);
- The student must study the Orientation Certificate then the consecutive AMI Diploma being administered by SMTC to be eligible;
- The student must satisfy the relevant AMI Diploma course admission requirements to order to join the relevant AMI Diploma course;
- The credit is applied in respect of a single student and is non-transferable between students;
- If the student’s employer pays the Orientation fees and/or AMI Diploma tuition fees for the student, the credit still applies in respect of the tuition fees applicable in respect of that student;
- The credit is applied against the final payment of the student’s AMI Diploma tuition fees. If the student discontinues without making the final payment of tuition fees due and payable for the AMI Diploma, this voids the credit.
- If the credit is not utilised in whole or part against the AMI Diploma tuition fees of the student, it is non-refundable and cannot be applied against other types of SMTC fees;