Employment with SMTC
Business and marketing lead
We are seeking an experienced, flexible, pragmatic and agile business and marketing leader to drive organisation development in our rapidly growing training centre.
In this role, you will develop SMTC as a successful and respected adult training centre within the global and local educational communities. You will be strategically oriented, open-minded, and solution-focused, with an outstanding ability to connect with and support people in their work and study.
As a role model, you will help our team continue its work in building a thriving and sustainable training centre by proactively capitalising on opportunities and ensuring efficient and appropriate business operations.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Working with the board, Training Centre Manager and key stakeholders in development and implementation of overall strategy
- Reporting to the board and working collaboratively with the board on key governance matters
Core Business (Montessori Training)
- Working with our Training Centre Manager and team to support business aspects of proposed and current courses including course fee structure and to expand the scope of our current offering
- Developing increasingly efficient systems and procedures to enhance the training centre’s capability, including software acquisition and implementation. This includes software for managing and recording of the student journey from enquiry to enrolment to course completion, certification and beyond
- Managing business aspects of trainer support, student support and administration
- Developing programs and strategies to improve student access to training
- Developing strong relationships with staff, trainers, volunteers, school principals and centre managers, universities, alumni, media and other stakeholders
Marketing and communications
- Developing communications strategy for key stakeholders
- Developing marketing and student recruitment strategies with the support of the SMTC team. The strategy includes campaigns and techniques to boost awareness of SMTC and its courses with relevant audiences and stakeholders to enhance leads and enrolments
- Responsibility for implementation of marketing and communications strategies with team support
- Reviewing data to continually refine the approach with your team
- Work with the Training Centre Manager, Board and trainers to build strategic relationships and partnerships with other organisations and groups to support Montessori training
- Managing of human resources matters for all staff, trainers, contractors and volunteers, including all employment and contract arrangements
Finance, Risk and Business
- Managing the annual and 3 year budgets and individual course budgets, including preparation of budgets
- Managing banking, insurance and premises contracts and arrangements
- Managing the bursary and fundraising programs
- Managing IT contracts (hardware and software)
- Liaison with bookkeeper regarding management accounts and finance processes
- Managing risk protocols
- Managing procurement, suppliers and premises
Regulation and Policy
- Managing compliance and other legal and regulatory matters, including ACNC and ASQA requirements for a registered training centre
- Managing COVID-19 and health and safety requirements
- Developing policy in collaboration with the board and team and development and implementation of supporting procedures
- Managing organisational and staff visa acquisition and requirements
- Working with external advisors where necessary
The successful candidate will exhibit these attributes:
- Commitment to Montessori education and to expanding its reach by working through the nuances and values of our organisation
- Systems thinking with proven capacity and experience in strategic leadership and management
- Personal resilience with strong skills in time management, analysis and problem-solving within a coaching leadership style
- Strong ability to collaborate with the SMTC team
- Interpersonal sensitivity with the ability to cultivate healthy relationships and to inspire and collaborate with a variety of stakeholders
- Financial and legal literacy
- A relevant tertiary qualification, NSW Working with Children Check, police checks and full COVID-19 vaccination (or valid medical exemption)
- Association Montessori Internationale (AMI) Montessori credentials or the interest and capacity to undertake one of our orientation level AMI training courses (about 60 hours) with our support
This is a full-time permanent role however part-time hours or other flexibility will be considered for the right candidate. This role is based in Sydney and currently has a substantial working from home component. A competitive package will be offered commensurate with skills and experience.
Pre-employment screening for the successful candidate will include credential checking.
Interviews will commence promptly after applications have been considered. Please apply on or before Thursday 31 March 2022.
Interested candidates should contact Tara Taylor on via [email protected] for a confidential discussion.