SMTC response to COVID-19
In response to the developing and unprecedented COVID-19 situation, we are today making the following decisions in respect of our courses to safeguard the health of our participants and training course facilitators as much as possible:
- We are deferring our AMI courses scheduled to commence in March and April of 2020. This extends to our Melbourne 6-12 Assistant Course (due to commence on Monday 30 March 2020) and our Melbourne AMI 3-6 Assistant Course (due to commence on Monday 6 April 2020). In coming weeks, we will be in contact with those who have made bookings for these courses with substitute dates.
- Our AMI 3-6 Montessori Diploma course, Melbourne, which commenced on 6th January 2020 will be delivered in digital format, utilising video conferencing and webinar applications as communicated further to the participating students by trainer, Amy Kirkham. Students will also be advised by Amy Kirkham when sessions can feasibly proceed in-person at our Melbourne training centre.
- Given it is nearly complete, our currently underway Sydney 6-12 Assistant Course will complete either in-person with social distancing measures in place or on-line, as communicated further to the participating students by trainer, Rebecca Dallam.
- At the moment, we have not made a decision in respect of our Brisbane 6-12 Assistant course due to commence on 15 May 2020 and our Sydney 3-6 Assistant Course due to commence on 29 May 2020. We will update those who have booked or expressed interest in these courses closer to the commencement date based on the health and government information then available.
- Our Sydney office and Sydney and Melbourne training centres will be closed to in-person visitors until 20 April 2020 however we encourage you to contact us via phone or email per the details below and to follow us on social media during this time.
While no cases of COVID-19 have been detected at any SMTC premises, we are taking this action as a precaution and in consideration of the developing situation. We appreciate our response may be disappointing for many but appreciate your understanding in this challenging time.
We are working on ways we can continue to provide AMI training delivery and support our community in this challenging time and will continue to keep you informed of updates in this area and developments with our courses.
We appreciate this is a worrying time for many including students with bookings. If you have any queries or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me at email@example.com.
For now, take care and stay well.